Sunday, June 16, 2013

Good things to Bad People: A theory of manifesting intention from an inverse polarity.


A sensible man will remember that the eyes may be confused in two ways - by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize that the same thing happens to the soul.”

 

MANIFESTING GOOD FROM A MATERIAL BASED INTENTION   

 
 
              So I wanted to write down a pseudo philosophy I'm trying to work out in my head.  If it helps you to make sense of your own world great!  If not, oh well I hope you get something good from this post (like the cool pic of Plato above).  The philosophy deals with the quality of manifestation from an inverse intention. 

             The theory is simple; selfish and misaligned intention manifests the events intended but, the end result has a real and more likely probability of the inverse thereby, good and/or spiritual.  Whereas, a good and charitable intention also manifests itself in a like event but, the end result sours into a material and/or evil.  This is a reflection of balance but, before going all esoteric I think an explanation is in order.

THE PLAYER AND THE PIOUS


            Let's try two random examples from two common personality types; the "player" and the "pious". 


Spirit rises above the material elements.

         The player sets out to fulfill their lusts and desires, the manifestation of their intention often leads to guilt, disease, a feeling of emptiness, unwanted pregnancy, etc.  However, from those often arises a repentance brought by guilt, maybe a reflection, an emptiness filled, and/or a loving parent / child relationship.  In other words, Good.



Spirit is dominated by the material elements.
 

         The pious sets out to fulfill their spiritual drive for good, the manifestation of their intention often leads to charity, goodwill, healing, etc.  However, from those often is cultivated embezzlement, self righteousness, chastisement, and abuse of power. In other words, Evil.

PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE HERMETIC PROPERTIES FOUND IN THE INVERSE / MATERIAL INTENTION.



         These are not new revelations and there are an infinite number of examples of intentions having, in the long run, the opposite result.  I am not preaching an "every cloud has a silver lining" or "good intentions oft turn bad" reminder.  What I am pointing to is a mastery of a Hermetic practical philosophy.  To paraphrase the thrice great Hermes, 'to try and manifest something unnaturally is more or less ridiculous but, a master can use one law against another to bring forth the intended result'.  The laws we are using against one another is polarity and rhythm.  To invest wholly in one side of any ideal including good and evil is folly because the pendulum of balance always swings to counter balance.  Therefore a swing to one end is equal to a swing in the opposite.

        Let's put this into a practical exercise format.  You have a friend, that supports his/her family, that finds themselves recently out of work.  They are struggling with paying bills and putting food on the table.  To give your friend $100 would be a great intention of charity that would ultimately lead to hurt pride and a feeling of obligation.  However, if you're like me, you may have some chores that you want to get to and just don't have the time.  Therefore a conversation with your friend could go something like this:

You - Hey, sorry to hear about your job.  Can you do me a favor?  If I give you $100 will you come over and fix my door (or whatever) and mow my grass for a couple of weeks?

Friend - Thanks, you're a good friend but, I know what you're trying to do and although I appreciate it... I'll manage.

You - You're under the impression this is charity?  I'm a good friend but, not that good.  I just thought you might have more time on your hands and I fully intend on exploiting that.  But, as a good friend, if you find something better paying during your time fixing my door and mowing my grass that's cool with me I won't hold it against you if you quit.  Think about it but, don't think too long the grass grows quick and becomes a real bitch to mow.

         It's basic psychology but, it's practical "magick".  Your will is coming into fruition.  The intent has been communicated in a material basis and in most cases will bring the fruit of good.  Just remember that sometimes the nastier the fertilizer, the better the crop. 


Hope you found this useful but, remember that in order to follow my own philosophy in this one I have to come clean and tell you that I'm really writing this post for my own self aggrandizement and maybe one day I'll become a very wealthy and rich author.  It could happen :) In the meantime...give this inverse / material intention thing an experimental shot.
 
In LVX,
Frater LiS


 



No comments:

Post a Comment